After watching the following speech of Will Richardson I couldn’t agree more:
It has to be about:
- learning and becoming a life-long learner!
- preparation for life, not for tests!
- allowing students to find and live for those passions for whatever they are.
- allowing students to choose their teachers.
- having a PLN (Personal Learning Network) and choosing own teachers.
- accepting and embracing that learning is just different to how we experienced it.
- embracing that information and knowledge is everywhere.
- letting the students inquire, collaborate, solving problems, taking actions and sharing their thinking with the world.